Monday, March 7, 2011

I Made the Paper....



So this past weekend we (Kathryn, Schuett, and I) headed down to LR to watch Dani finish the LR half marathon! She did AWESOME, I mean there is absolutely no way I would ever run 13 miles unless my life depended on it and let's be real even then I would probably die before I made it the full 13. So proud of her to have the dedication to train and run it, not to mention it was freakishly cold that morning. After the race we headed to Cozymel's to eat some delicious lunch before we headed back to the hill. Well, now we are getting to the name of my post, today at work my phone started to blow up with text messages asking if I had seen myself on the cover of the paper. Well, obviously, since I was at work I hadn't seen any papers and had absolutely no idea what they were talking about. Turn to find out that I managed to be in the background of a picture from the marathon. Poor Dani, she actually runs the marathon and I ended up in the paper. Not only was it the cover of the paper but it was the cover of the Democrat Gazette which is the statewide paper meaning that everyone from my grandma to my friends at school got to see it and thanks to one of my lovely roommates sticking it on the back board at Chi O I'm pretty much a celebrity. As embarrassed as I was when I first saw it I figure I might as well just own up to it and enjoy my little (very, itty bitty) time in the limelight, ha. So this post is mostly so I will just remember that I did make the cover of the state paper even if my name isn't mentioned. I posted the picture from the paper and a picture of Dani crossing the finish line for your viewing! Night, night bloggy friends!

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha how did i miss this post? Just laughed out loud reading it. Really missing you :*(

    ReplyDelete