Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cap & Gown Day

Today I picked up my cap and gown for graduation. I'm not going to lie, it made me really sad. I am excited to see what the future holds but I absolutely LOVE college and can't believe it has been four years that I moved to Fayetteville and started school at the UofA. If you have known me since high school, you know that I felt the exact same way when I graduated high school. It's so weird that it has been four years since I stood in the long line waiting to pick up my Conway blue cap and gown at the West campus. I remember that day clearly, it was yearbook distribution day and that managed to keep my focus off of how sad I would be to graduate. Today I dreaded going to pick up my cap and gown from the bookstore, in my mind it's like this is just the start of all the things that signal my college career is coming to a close. I'm so excited to start the next chapter of my life but at the same time I'm going to really miss all the fun things I do in college and won't be able to do anymore. I can't imagine a time in my life when I will ever be so free to do and go as I please. I guess I can't dwell on how much I will miss it or I really will miss out on enjoying the few months I have left. I'm hoping that this next chapter will hold wonderful things I can't imagine now, similar to how college was better than my wildest dreams. I don't think I could've imagined what things would change over the past four years and how much I would grow up and love the life I'm living. I'm so hopeful that things for the future will pan out and that in four years I'll be writing a post talking about how I can't believe I've been out of college for four years and just how in love with my life I am at that point. Well, it's almost 11 and tomorrow's a work day so I'm going to bed. Sweet dreams bloggy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment