Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hello World, How've you been? Good to See You, My Old Friend

So really the post title has little to do with the post other than the fact that this song is stuck in my head. Sorry if you got excited because of the title, whoops. The past week has been crazy busy/crazy wonderful. Between work and school, life is still really busy but I'm super lucky because I really love both right now. In addition I have had lots of little moments of happy sprinkled throughout my days (I know, it sounds cheesy, but I like cheesy). Examples of little moments of happy include:
  • How most of my friends have a lunch break at the same time that my lunch break falls. I know this seems small but being able to jet into Chi O and catch up for even 20 minutes before I head back to work or class is so exciting. All of our schedules are busier than ever and it keeps all of us informed of what is going on with everyone else.
  • Today I got to go grab a bite to eat with Sgibs, I haven't had a chance to catch up with her in forever and it was so nice to be able to just pick right back up where we left off.
  • Seeing my roommates before I go to work. On Friday, Dani woke up before I left and on Monday Chan was awake before I left. I know this seems small but on days when I know I won't get to see them again before at least 10 pm this definitely puts a smile on my face.
  • Today's spontaneous Target run with Schuett once we got out of Bible study made me so happy.
  • Today I got a totally random text from Meag that didn't say anything in particular but it still put a smile on my face. I love that we've been friends for so long and that I don't have to explain myself to her, she already knows all the background stories because she was there for them. I miss getting to see her more but things like our random text convos and quick trip to grab food last week gives us time to catch up.
  • At work yesterday I got one of those super cool computer screens so I can connect my laptop and work off two displays. All the "real" people at work have them but until yesterday none of the interns did so this was really exciting.
  • New t-shirts. Ok, so this sounds a little lame but we got new Chi O shirts last week and I am completely in love with them. New t-shirts always make me super excited.
  • Mom's day is this weekend and I am so excited to see my mom on Friday. I can't wait to get off work and kick it with her all weekend.
That's all the happy moments I can think of at the moment. Love y'all bloggy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment